Thursday, March 28, 2013

And His Life Has Begun

We sat around the computer.....waiting those last few seconds until the clock said 5pm..... 

We didn't come into parenthood easily!! Month after month and year after year....we hoped and prayed for a blessing...just one, please Lord.....just one!! And then....after 1400 tests confirmed it......our prayers were answered!!

At 7 1/2 months......Brady took off walking and we beamed with pride and chased him from here to there fearing he would fall and get hurt. He didn't cause he was ready!!

At 2 Brady was my ever present little helper. On one shopping trip to get lumber he became impatient and asked how much longer we would be.....I explained we were getting 10 boards and that I had 8.....Brady responded a firm...."well get 2 more and we go!!" Indeed.....he was ready!!

At 5 when it was time for Brady to begin school.....he proudly entered.....then after only the first month declared he would now read.....Brady sat down and read every book in his collection that night....because he was ready!!

At each and every mile-stone......I have worried.....and he assured me.....because he was ready!!

At 5pm tonight....Brady received the letter......Columbia University in New York City has asked that he attend as a member of the Class of 2017. I worry......I fear......and yet I know......he is ready!! I am very proud of the young man with whom I have been blessed!! And yes......he is ready for his life to begin.....and so it shall!!

Stacey,
proudly......Brady's mom!!

4 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

YAY!!!! Congrats to your Son, how great, Easter Blessings Francine.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

CONGRATULATIONS! ~*~Lisa

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Congrats~
wishing you all a wonderful Easter~ hugs to each of you!!!
smiles
Teresa

Tina said...

What a sweet post.
God's blessings on all of you
T