Monday, January 16, 2012

So.....Ya Ever.....


Geesh!! It's January 16th......a brand new year......a brand new beginning....a fresh start!! And me.....yea!!....I'm running behind already!!

Rick and I were completely blessed (and blown away frankly) with an amazing year last year!! Our business grew....even in these trying financial times!! We were (finally) able to get our barn up for our new shop!! We did 8 major shows.....selling down to the bare walls at each one!! Brady had an amazing year....scholastically (he's such a smart kid and achieves so much with that glorious brain) and socially (meaning we saw him home exactly 4 hours in 2011) and athletically (he was a 3 team letter winner....and this season again made honorable mention All State). We are all happy....healthy...and wise (stop laughing.....I am blonde.....and quite wise in a blonde sorta way!!) Therefore.....we were determined to take a little time off from the shop to regroup......rejuvenate the creative juices.....and enjoy seeing Brady the 3.7 seconds he's been home in December and January!!

Here's how our "time off" has gone......

Me......I forced myself to sit and go through my patterns only 47 times in December!! I also touched each and every cut of fabric in my stacker....but only 14 or 15 times each!!

Rick.....he took on orders for last minute Christmas presents from the gals at work!!

Me....As soon as Christmas dinner was over.....I determined that our bedroom and bathroom just simply HAD to be given a facelift.....right now!!!

Rick.....really was ready to watch a little football.....but said.....your idea of a little facelift sounds great.....but make sure it's just a small project so we can get workin' in the barn!!

Me......By facelift......I meant....painting and primping with new curtains....bed linens....simply a quick weekend facelift!! You know.....completely NOT what I was actually going to do!!

Rick.....Knew better.....because I am involved...and my ideas are never small!!

So this is how our time off has gone!! When I was determined to chill....Rick created work....and when he was ready for a lil' r&r....I came up with a fun little project that has now taken over our entire house!! On the bright side.....everything in the bedroom and bathroom is nearly done....the carpet comes on Wednesday.....and I've got to re-load the closet (from a total build in....yea!! I know....don't ask!!) this morning....and then....it'll be done....and our lil' facelift will be complete!!

So the lesson learned you ask......don't believe us when we say....I'm sorry we can't take that order in December and January because we need to take a little time off!! What that really means is we are going to work ourselves nuts and call it a vacation!!

We are a blessed family.....with each other.....and with each and every one of you!! We are both sooooooo ready to get back to work!! We have been coming up with some pretty fantastic ideas....so what I mean to say is.....Thank you for our 2011!! Thank you for following us from show to show!! Thank you for keeping up with us online!! Thank you for asking and waiting for our shop to open!! and......Thank you for allowing us a little "time off" to recoup.....to regroup....and to rejuvenate!! also......thanks for checkin' in in a few weeks or so to see what we've got cookin'!! :O)

Enjoy your new week!! Me.....I get to spend a lil' time with Brady today as he's home due to Martin Luther King's day......and by "spend a lil' time with him" I mean he's still in bed .....he'll come out at about noon hungry....and then he'll go back to his room and do homework until he's hungry again at 5pm!! But......woo hoo!! he's home today!! tee hee hee!!

Toodles friends!!
Stacey

3 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Way to go on an awesome year!!! Your regroup/time off sounds familiar to me~ but isn't it fun~
Oh, girl you have to show pics of the facelift~
Have a great day hope you can spend a few minutes with Brady~giggles, growing up!
smiles
Teresa

Cheryl said...

Glad 2011 was good for you and I know 2012 will be just a good. I see you two are just as busy as ever and can hardly wait to see your new creations and hear how that shop is coming along.
Wishing you the best,
Cheryl

PS..see ya at Gathered Treasures!

Carla said...

Congrats on a great year! I hope 2012 is just as good to you. We're all waiting for pics of the barn and the facelifts. Happy 2012!