Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Don't Cry Over Spilled......

...paint!!



Last week I decided that our bedroom and bathroom needed a lil' facelift. Now.....a week later.....I think I've changed my mind!!

On Friday......I dumped an entire gallon of paint all over the carpet......

On Sunday.....I poly'ed the newly painted floor and counter-top.....and it's still tacky because I put it over briwax......

Yesterday I pulled a muscle in my neck and can't move....

I don't think it is an unreasonable demand that we move do you????????

Enjoy your day!! Me.......I'm locking the doors and moving into Teresa's house!! Shhhh!! Don't tell her.......it's a surprise!! :O)....."honey.....I'm hoooo-ome!!"

Stacey

4 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Stacey~ Giggles ~ girl you do not want to move in right now ~ guess what we are doing~ yep redoing the Parlor/TV Room~ patched drywall dust~ (cough)~ wood ceiling painted~( sneeze)~ wall paper ripped off( ouch my hand still hurts from scrapping!)~ paint on wall~ ( another sneeze!!) but so far no spilled paint~ just dust everywhere~ where does it all come from!!!
But after you can come & stay ~ giggles~room & board will be a home cooked meal everynight~ giggles~ oh, would I love to go to a home cooked meal waiting for me~ giggles~
What is up with the COLD weather you would think it is January~ whoops ~guess it is~ Brrr~
Keep warm~
smiles
Teresa

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Oh man Stace, I feel for ya! When we first moved here, I dumped wall paint on our brand new couch.
I'm getting ready to tackle resurfacing our kitchen counter tops this weekend. Woo-hoo!! Gonna mess my drawers if it doesn't look good though. Oh well, I'm sure your friend won't mind one more guest. **giggle** :> )
~Peanut

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Oh No, I think you and I are having the same type of luck this New Year!! LOL!!

Save me a room at Teresa's, Ive been planning on running away to her wonderful farm for quite awhile.

All I need is a minute to myself, then Off I Go!! :) LOL!

Hugs,
Tam

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha! I knew there was a good reason there's a restraining order against me coming within 100 ft of a paint can or paint brush....Started when I was a wee teen and tried to paint my bedroom pink....went to shake the can of paint and didn't realize my father had loosened the lid....Oops...given that we lived in an old, old, farmhouse, and the room was very small, it resulted in pink stripes going down our green living room wall. Hmmmm...and it went downhill from there. And, hey - I have dibs on Teresa's....I've reserved a spot on her kitchen floor with my sleeping bag and Buffy....Ok....anywhere she'll have me and any kitty that'll adopt me. ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin