Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm a Helper!!

We heat with a wood stove.....and that means we must cut firewood. I LOVE the warmth of the fire.....however.....collecting the fuel......well.....it ain't the funnest job eveh!!! :O)

Normally.....the job falls on Rick and Brady's shoulders....and happens much earlier in the year......however since this year has been on permanent fast forward.....that didn't happen!! Soooooo......guess who gets to be Rick's lil' helper this year......yep!!!......ME!!!

After about an hour's worth of complaining each night.....Rick would drag me to the woods. He chopped......and I loaded......and by "loaded" I mean........I wander around finding all kinds of gorgeous God's creations that we could turn into prim treasures!! Rick gets a lil' peeved when after 472 times I scream, "OH MY GOODNESS!!" and when he comes running thinking I have chopped off my arm.....he finds something he doesn't really see as beautiful!! Oh well.......I was being helpful.....and he was NOT BEING THANKFUL!!!

......It was cold!!! ........I was frozen!!! I think my face fell off on Saturday 'cause of frostbite!!....... AND.....he wouldn't collect a fallen tree I found that would be perfect by the barn....you know....standing upright!!! Geesh!!! How unreasonable is he!!!!! Something about it being too heavy.....whatever.....I just saw cranes up righting a tree on the White House lawn.....can't be that hard right!!!!......well anyway......I've devised all kinds of revenge plots....sooooo.....it's alright....you know.....all except the face falling off part....yea......that's gonna take a lil' getting used to!! :O)

Anyhoooooo......we'll be warm....blah....blah....blah......and Rick is insisting we eat out a lot this week for fear of poisoning......so all in all......I guess it wasn't all that bad!!! Hope you are all warm and toasty too!! Enjoy your new week!!

Stacey

2 comments:

lilraggedyangie said...

Woo hoo ...way to get out of cooking dinner ! lol Have a great day and make sure you kids get in lots of snugglin out in the woods so you stay nice n warm , we cant have ya gettin sick again ! hugs lilraggedyangie

TheCrankyCrow said...

All I can say is "better you than me." I don't like being cold - I get my dose just walking from the house to the garage. Yeah, I know - I'm a spoiled sissy wuss..... ;o) Glad you have some wood to keep your toesies warm - now, about that face of yours.... ;o) Happy Monday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin