Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Tragedy

So.....you may have heard the reports......seen the massive news coverage......the many....many news articles......and now the time has come for me to come clean!! I.......I........I may perhaps have fallen off the face of the earth for a short period of time!! No!! The stories are true!! But...please...let me explain......

It all started a few months ago.....you know.....the year was 1995!! I was going along fine....keeping up with house.....and friends......and family.....and accomplishing things.....like actually sweeping the floor with more than just my socked foot!! So.....I was going along....and BAM!!......time forwarded really fast on fast forward till it's 2011 and somehow I've said yes to everyone who has asked anything of me.....including my hubs and kid who demand food and clean clothes....geesh!! (this is the part where you shed a tear for me!! Go ahead and wipe away.....I'll wait!!)

It was a dark and stormy night.......the air was thick with anticipation.....when it happened!!!! (this is quite exciting no?? Just so we are all on the same page......hear in your head the really dark and spooky tragedy music from all the really good movies in your head please!!! Are we all together......okay...read on)........I took one step too many!! BAM!!!! I fell right off the edge of the earth!!

Little by little......step by step......through polyfil and sawdust.....nails and pins.....we have finally tried to catch up with orders and requests......show preps and shop plans. Our shop is at a bit of a stand still due to a true tragedy with our builder and his family (they lost a family member and have several children injured in a house fire!!). Our next show is in August so we have a bit of time for prep. Our orders are nearly caught up and we aren't taken any more for a little while. And......the best part of all.....our Brady is home and had a great time in Dallas (I'll do a real post on that later cause there is lots to share!!)

So there you have it!! I fell off the earth.....I disappeared for a short time....and now I've crawled back up the cliff and I'm back!! You can't keep me down!! (visualize I......am......Rocky!!!....running the steps.......listen to the triumphant tune)

While the news reports may have been true.....clearly.....you can see how it all happened right!! It's a down right inspirational......oscar winning story!! And now.....I'm back in the game!! Look out Russian dude from Rocky 47!! tee hee hee!!

Hope all is well in your world!! I'll be around blog-universe to get caught up in the next few days!! Thanks for all the emails and continued support!! I can't wait to see what shenanigans y'all have got going!! :O)

Toodles darlins!!
Stacey

5 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

hi, Stacey~
Glad to hear you are getting caught up!! Busy is good $$$, always helps out!!!So happy to hear Brady made it back home safely!!
Stop by & see me on the blog!!
smiles
Teresa

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Stacey, Glad you are back, I always get a kick out of your stories. What has happened to time, can't get anything done, years pass and I am still trying to keep up, really I am always behind. Closed my booth, but I took on three shops to sew for, they just need lots of fall items by end of august.LOL Start keeping my new grandson come November, now that should be real interesting, starting over with a new baby at my age, 54, and still working. I would take a break but that just gets me behind. Maybe some of that rocky music would help. So glad to hear from you, one of my favorite blogs, makes my day. Take care, Vicky

lilraggedyangie said...

O Stacey ,
so glad to see your wit and charm at its fullest this morning ! I sure have missed you ! Glad your busy , but am glad you made it back long enough to make me laugh till I almost p'd my pants ! Thanks ! Enjoy your day sweetie , and If I dont talk to you , wishing you and yours a safe and happy 4th ! hugs lil raggedy angie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, welcome back Girlfriend!!! Sure did miss ya....And you know, I do believe we even heard that on the news up here in Nod...Go figure - they weren't releasing any names pending notification of the next of kin, but I kinda figured it was you.. ;o) Are you, however, somehow implying that sock-sweeping isn't up to par?? Tssk, tssk....That and hand vacuming is about all I get accomplished these days! Have a wonderful 4th! - Hope you get caught up AND have some fun time....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

dee begg said...

Stacey,

I just disappear sometimes into the black hole of my basement...so much stuff there and nothing ever seems to get done...oh wait that would mean I would have to paint it! LOL! OK, so I'll start working this week...first show in 6 weeks...yikes! I'd better get busy!

Glad to see you make an appearance in blogland.

D