Friday, March 18, 2011

Perception Vs. Reality

First off.....NO!!! I am NOT procrastinating.....how dare you suggest that I should be cleaning instead of blogging!!! I'll have you know my 1/2 mopped floor needs to dry.....see....don't you feel horrible for thinking I was avoiding cleaning by coming up with this hilarious post!!! I forgive you....besides..... this is a post that really must be written....right now.....because......ummm.....I hate to clean...I mean....I'm waiting for the floor to dry so that I can continue cleaning!! :O)

Perception is a funny thing!! In my head.....I am really an awesome person!! Okay....not in a "WOW...I'm great" kinda way....but I think I'm okay.....I'm okay with myself....I'm pleased with my abilities......until reality bites me in the ashes!! Let me share.....

Perception.....I sing like an angel.....



Reality.....I sound like an off key wolf....with laryngitis....who is trying to scare away the entire animal kingdom!!

BUT......I'm convinced that it is the fault of Pandora Radio.....and itunes.....and the regular radio.....and the tv.....they are not in key!! I can't possibly be that bad.....so it must be everyone else in the world....right!!


Perception......I gots the moves!!


Reality.....umm......yea....not so much!!


BUT......Pee Wee Herman!! Need I say more??????


Perception.....I am a really cool mom.....all the kids just love me and think of me as one of their own....in fact....I'm pretty sure they think I'm like 21!!


Reality....... ummmm.....I AM THE COOL MOM!!!! AND I'M HARDLY OVER 21....in fact I'm almost 21(21)!!! :O)

however....the other day one of Brady's friends asked me if I could remember the short shorts from the 80's......BRAT!!! She said it as if....1)how could anyone remember that long ago...and 2) she's a huge brat and Brady is NEVER, EVER, EVER allowed to talk to her ever again!! :O) It put a damper on my day.....until I made her get out of my van and refused to bring her home....then I felt better.....she won't be making that mistake again any time soon!!! LOL!! See.....I am the cool mom....just ask Brady's lil' friend!! :O)




Perception.....my house is (hold on let me stop giggling for a second)....okay.....my house sparkles and shines.....hardy har har!!!


Reality.....yea.....


BUT....guess what.....it's okay!! I'm cool with myself!! My family is cool with me!!

I can't sing like an angel but I bust loose with the vocals every time I'm alone....and I've only had the neighbors complain 4 or 5 times!!

Dancing with the Stars won't be calling anytime soon.....however...I'm not a star soooo......I'm okay with that too!! Me and Miss Opal get our groove on most mornings....and for a dog....she's pretty darn groovy!!

I'm the mom that gets called when they need rides to the speech tournys at the last minute.....it's our house that they all gravitate to.....and my kid is pretty darn fantastic soooo....I may not be the cool mom.....but I certainly am the most blessed!!

Soooo......there you go......this was soooooo worth avoiding cleaning for right!! And now I must get back to it......right after I check emails......and perhaps start dinner......and see what's up in my room....and......:O)

Have a great day no matter what your reality!! :O)
Stacey



5 comments:

Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Love this post... I bet you are the coolest mom. who wants to live in a sparkly clean house that feels like you can't touch anything... a home has dust bunnies as pets.
I hope you have a great weekend. we are going to be having some really nice weather in Maine this weekend so I am going to get outside and enjoy....
Sabrina

rachel said...

Thanks for the great post! You made me smile ....I've been avoiding house cleaning this entire week so don't feel so bad! Hope you have a great weekend!

lilraggedyangie said...

I say Procrastinators UNITE ! and well quite frankly my dust bunnies are so large im afraid they just might carry the Princess off one of these days!:0)So jump up from the computer move a few things around (so it looks like you did something today ) and find a nice comfy seat and put your feet up and relax ! your secret is safe here !:0) LOL Hope you have a great weekend , that housework will be there next week but you do have to monitor those dust bunnies they multiply quickly lol
Hugs
lil raggedy angie

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hey thanks for bringing a smile to my face today. I found some of those killer dust bunnies yesterday under my bed, well what can I say the cleaning fairy has not been lately. This time of the year when I am outside I think I need to be inside and when I am inside, I want to be outside, get the picture. Oh well guess I am never going to have that house you see in the magazines. Life is just too short, I rather have fun blogging, crafting, gardening anything but cleaning. I actually do that for a living. Yes I clean everyones elses. May have to hire someone to do mine, now theres a thought. Have a happy spring weekend. I am off to the flower beds, the weeds are calling. Vicky

Primitive Echoes said...

First off....NO we do not procrastinate, we are attentive to detail of many things.
I cleaned house yesterday and trust me that saying "sorry you missed it" is true in my case.
I heard you singing from here and it didn't sound like a wolf at all.
I also seen a flyer somewhere that said you were a cool blessed mom so it must be true.
However, the dancing, you were right, NOT so much lolol.
Kat