Friday, August 27, 2010

Is It Just Me........

.....or does everyone carry a constant conversation with the people who live in your head?

One of the voices in my head is sooooooo chatty!! Geesh......it must be a 5 year old girl.....talk!! talk!! talk!!....about absolutely nothing....and yet coming up with some great ideas.....she is responsible for some of my favorite creations!! She is my crafty girl!!

There is also that voice......the deep, dark voice....the one telling me it's not good enough....I'm not good enough!! She must be the lil' devil on my shoulder....always bringing in the doubt.....always making me question.......always making me feel a lil' less!! She is my doubting debbie!!

Equally as loud......most times even louder is the lil' angel on my opposite shoulder!! "you can do this!!" ....that's all she cheers......a continual affirmation....not just a pat on the back.....she's just the push that says "YES!! work a lil' harder.....push a lil' more......you can do this"!!

Each day we listen to one or the other.....the good voices or the bad.....Some days we listen to both.....and it's a battle of wills....good versus bad.......I choose to hear them all...after all you can learn a lot about yourself from those who know you best......however.....I listen to only one....my own voice!!

So......how 'bout it.......everyone have multiple people living in your head....or is it just me?All of the people in me....wishes all the people in you a great Friday!! Make a lil' time to hug on someone....you never know which one of their voices are winning today!! :O)
Stace

3 comments:

Tina said...

I have lots of voices up there and I have to choose the voice of truth most days. You crack me up.
T

Deppenhomestead1862 said...

Voices the voices, oh my yes!
So true! Good & Evil,>>>>then the ultimate overpowering me voice!

Thanks for making me laugh!

Snugglebug Blessings said...

To funny Stace. It is so amazing that you are talking about this. My friend and I were just talking about who we're gonna listen to, mr. doubt, or ms. you've got this girl!!! LOL! I say the enccouraging one, because lord knows there are plenty of others that want to tear us down. So you go girl. God bless. Cathy