Friday, May 21, 2010

How (not) to.......

The latest craze to catch my eye is hypertufa. I tried before and failed......but I am nothing if not determined!! I researched and thought and asked a few questions and came up with a new "recipe"....I set out to purchase my supplies...now....look out.....I am jumping on the faux cement band wagon!! :O)

Yesterday was the day!! Beautiful out!! Cool but warming......dry but not too humid!! PERFECT!!!

I collected my pots!! Different shapes......small.....big.....medium!! PERFECT!!!

I gathered my supplies....everything was simply PERFECT!!

I made my first batch and it was sooooo much fun.....like playing with mud.....making mud pies.....loved it.....nothing better than getting your hands in there and really shaping things!! This brings me to my point!! My mom called between batches and suggested that I wear gloves....."no!! I really need to feel what I'm sculpting" I tell her. "Won't you have a reaction?" she asked. "Heavens no!!" ......by last night my hands ......

....my hands were cracking and oozing and on fire!!

So......here's my tip......hypertufa rocks!! LOVE it....but wear surgical gloves!! :O/

Stay tuned for pix of my creations.......first though.....I must regain the feeling back in the stumps at the end of my arms......:O)
Stacey

2 comments:

Tina said...

I can't wait to see what you've done, but girl, get some moisturizer!
T

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

thanks for the tip via your stumpy hands..have a great weekend..can't wait to see what you created...probably a monster..lol..:) have a great weekend.:)