Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Welcome to My Kitchen!!

Lovely isn't it!!
This is what we've been doing for a few weeks now.......



We tore cabinets down and moved them around.
We removed the crown molding and added a flat top and 1/4 round.
Sides were added to the ends for a more primitive look.......




I painted a more antique white....removing the old barn red walls....



Rick built me a brand new, old pantry which has been filled before the doors are even on.....


This is a raw sampling of my new counter tops....


I've decided I really do enjoy having my oven in the middle of the kitchen......it really is no problem at all to have to push it over to plug it in each night to actually prepare dinner!! Additionally.....the microwave gets carried back and forth between the dining room and the kitchen for use.....VERY convenient!! My family has decided compound and sawdust really add to the taste of their meals!!

This job has been a HUGE project but we are finally being able to see it come together....slowly......can't wait to show you it complete!! Until then.......I think I'm going to become best friends with the pizza delivery man!! :O)

Happy Hump Day!!
Stacey

4 comments:

Linda* ~ TheKeepingroom said...

Are you doing any dry wall work....the dust doubles as powered sugar...;)
I've been dealing with it for about a month now.
Aren't projects fun? The results are worth it though.

Linda* ~ TheKeepingroom said...

I ment powdered sugar...sorry..it pays to read befor publishing!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Oh I can't wait to see your new prim kitchen...have a good one..:)

jackie said...

ooooo stace....i am on year four of my kitchen remodel....yep four...so you and rick are doing wonderful.