Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You're Going Fishing?????

Yes!! that's right!! My hubby is one of those!! He absolutely LOVES going ice fishing....or in other words....he enjoys freezing his ash off spending hours upon hours in the cold, on a frozen death bed waiting on an equally frozen fish to get snagged by a hook that is sooooo tiny it barely holds a maggot on!!! Yea!!! Sounds like a good time huh!!

Now.....you may be thinking.....are there benefits to said torture???? Perhaps these are his fishing buddies.......


Oh H3ll NO!!!

Does he bring the fish home......

NOPE!!! He practices catch and release.....unless it's a monster and then it gets gutted, stuffed and nailed to a log which he expects to be hung on my wall in the family room (YEA!!!! UGH!!)


You're thinking that perhaps by some magical means, it really is actually warmer on the frozen bed of ice covering frigid water right......
nuh uh!! You'd be wrong again!! No!! He simply endures such torture considering it a fun time!! Alrighty then......


...you have a great time darling love of my life......I'm calling the doctor for a full head inspection in the morning!!!

tah tah!!

Stacey...... the
normal*one*who*stays*in*the*warm*house*around*the*fire*eating*chocolate*and*fighting*with*the*wii person

3 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Oh Stacey you are soo funny..I love watching grumpy old men and the sequel too..watch them every year...I think it would be fun to experience..but don't know how long I could indure it..:) have a wonderful day and let me know what the doctor says.:0)

lovetheprimlook said...

Stace, you crack me up !!! Love your blog !!!

Hugs, Ang

Snugglebug Blessings said...

You are a hoot girly! I got one of those guys in my house too! Ugh. Not into ice fishing to much though. But I swear I'm single in the spring, summer and fall months, cause I never see him then. God bless. Cathy