Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Let's Face It......I Really Am A Big Dork!!

I know shocking right!!! I recently received a free "album" of songs for my ipod (see I'm such a dork I don't even know what do you call a grouping of songs now a days....and who even says "now a days" anymore???) from some couponing community.

So the ol' ipod has been on all morning, when all of a sudden I realized that indeed I was singing out loud at the top of my lungs.....I came to this horrid realization because the dogs are scared to death and wanting to run away from home!! They are currently clinging to the ceiling in the bedroom!! And.....don't even ask about the cat!! BTW....did you know that cats can cry? Yep!! She's been crying all morning!! I'm sure it has nothing to do with me singing tho'.....probably a bad dream!!

All of a sudden, startled, I caught my reflection in the turned off tv screen.......and was quite scared at what I saw!! I had to do a full body check to make sure I was not having a seizure!! My body was flopping around in some beat only heard in my own head!!! It looked quite painful......

It occurred to me also that I have a vast array of musical taste!! I have everything from Old Rugged Cross to Welcome to the Jungle.... and a lot in between!! Is it normal to be singing, "Play that funky music white boy..." one moment and, "I'm not your fool...." the next?????

Oh.....what the heck......"b b b bennie and the jetsssssss!!" I am a dork!! A rockin', convolting, off key singin' dork....and I love it......at least until the neighbors complain.....or call 911 to come rescue me!! :O)

Have a great one!!



4 comments:

Prim and Proper Folks said...

LMAO..you are cracking me up, friend! I can just picture those pups and kitty running for their lives. My bichon baby, Prissy, 'sings' with me...only she is much more in tune that I am. haha Have a great day..thanks for the giggle...Susan

Linda* ~ TheKeepingroom said...

LOL!! I'm such a dork I don't even own an ipod...I still have my cassetet tape player...;)
I too love all types of music and tend to sing along...off eye I might add.
Life to short to not sign along!
Linda*

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

You are the biggest goof ball..I mean dork I know..you make me laugh..I truly love reading your entrys..you put it in such a visual sense that I could totally picture you singing and looking like...well a dork..,;) have a wonderful day and thanks for the laughs..:)maybe you shoule U-tube it and make some money..who knows..you could be the next american idol.:) oh here are some words you don't hear everyday...Fetching..:), groovy...I love using words that throw folks for a loop..:)

Willow said...

This has got to be THE most gut busting post I've ever read omg tooooo funny !!!! I can just visualize you seeing yourself in the t.v. hehehehe Thanks for the MUCH needed humor.
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ