Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our Romantic Day Out

After 20 years of marriage, Rick and I work to keep our marriage romantic.....always setting aside time to be together.....like when we've put off Christmas shopping until the week before Christmas!! With Christmas coming and Brady gone for the day at a speech competition, we decided to spend a nice romantic day together....shopping with 6000 of our closest friends.....and my mother along for the ride!!!

I was sooooo very excited to spend the day hand in hand strolling with my husband......through crowds of coughing, sneezing, snotting swarms of people....and it was heartwarming to see the light of Christmas in the children.......screaming bloody murder to go home....remembering when our one and only child was that wonderful age......when we'd wait in line to see Santa for 16 hours only to have him scream an ear shattering scream of fright and refuse to sit anywhere near the jolly elf!! Yes, our day was shaping up to be a beautiful memory!!!

I've been battling a migraine all week, however, I was determined to focus on my loving hunk of a man and let nothing ruin the day......except for the fact that I felt like 4000 nails were being driven into my skull through my eyesockets!! We decided to take a break and go for a nice lunch.....with those same 60000 million friends shoved into a sports bar with college basketball AND Christmas music blaring....oh yea.....and my mother!! I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with my man by the minute, leaning my head on his shoulder......because by this point I could barely walk from pain. We decided it was time to go home....taking a nice long leisurely drive along the way....because I had to stop every mile and puke!! We got home and went straight to bed.....because I was in full blown mind blowing migraine mode!! We have decided it went so well that we'll spend the day in bed together today too.....okay, actually I'll be lying around and he'll be my nursemaid!!

Yes!!!! 20 years of marriage, and we're still as romantic as ever!!! Jealous????

tah tah!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

ROFL!! I'm so sorry for your migraine but I sure enjoyed the story so wonderfully told. hehe

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Yes Sherry I am very jealous but happy for you and your hunk.
Thanks for coming by and leaving me a comment. Also tomorrow is my Temptation Mondays post and I have been working this afternoon to put everything on it not sure if you have anything you want to put on it for sale let me know and I can add you
Happy Holidays
Maggie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Oh Stacey...I am so jealous of you both...lol..I am so sorry to hear that your romantic day didn't go as planned..but I do hope you are recovering nicely...I just hope that nursemaid of a husband is dressed in a little french maids outfit to make it more exciting and romantic..that might just be what the doctor ordered...well..it couldn't hurt.;) take care..I got another flipping dreaded cold..crap..I hate these things..;)ahhh tis the season..:)

Tina said...

Ok, so I just read this to my hunk a manhood and his comment was..."she aint right"

I love your fabulous romantic tale and hope the migraine is gone.

Love ya and merry christmas.